Friday, May 21, 2010

day 66 - last day of school

this morning i sat in a gymnasium full of parents, teachers, and students and celebrated the last day of school! i watched as each of my boys walked up to the front to receive their "perfect attendance" award and smile so brightly. i felt so proud to have 3 boys that are so beautiful that i can see their smile from all the way across the gym. it was a awesome sight to see them interact with their classmates. my now middle schooler reminded me that he didn't want me to embarrass him in front of his friends. my now 5th grader was glad to see me but didn't want to make to much of a scene. but my now 3rd grader was waving as fast as he could and smiled like he wanted everyone to know i was his mom. it was wonderful.

it's hard to believe we just finished out a school year. we are now the proud parents of a 6th, 5th and 3rd grader. wow! that feels weird just coming out of my mouth. so here goes to the beginning of what i am praying to be a wonderful summer full of life experiences and extraordinary opportunities for God to continue knitting our family together. to God be the glory great things He has done!

2 comments:

coffee girl said...

this made me smile real big. :)

Sparkling Adventures said...

Congratulations on such a great family, Audra!