Monday, May 31, 2010

day 76 - singing

i love the fact that my family loves music. music has been a part of my life since i was born. we listened to anything and everything and we sang every word to every song. my children are no different. it thrills my heart when we are riding in the car with the radio turned up and one of the boys shouts from the back of the van "please turn it up this song is my favorite!" and they proceed to sing every word at the top of their lungs. my 3 oldest boys know just about every song played on the christian radio station (that is the only station we listen to in hopes to fill their minds with truth) and they love them some tobymac and skillet. they could all sing "tru dog" all day long from the tobymac cd. they also want to know what the songs me and who the song is about. so wonderful when we get to have a conversation about how much Jesus loves us!

my toddler is the real singer in the family. and he sings base. he sings pretty much all the time whether it is riding in the van, playing in his room, or just wandering around the house. when he first started living with us it was "E-I-E-I-O" non stop. but we have widened his song index and he knows everyone. his favorite these days is "Jesus Loves Me". Anytime you ask him if he wants to sing it is either "Jesus Yoves Me" or "the Bible song" (the B-I-B-L-E). he wants to sing them at the top of his lungs, in the lowest octave he can find, and with his face all scrunched up. when he sings "Jesus Yoves Me" it sounds something like (the capital letters give the emphasis of him yelling:
JESUS YOVES ME
la la la KNOW
for da BIBLE tell me SOOO
la ya LONGS ya STRONG!
it is the sweetest thing you have ever heard. he also enjoys some "deep and wide", "Jesus loves the little children", "this is the day" (which we do with hand motions that include raising the roof), "i've got the joy in my heart", and several others. i love that he is singing praises to the Lord already.