Tuesday, April 13, 2010

day 28 - a word from God

i love tuesday mornings, especially this tuesday morning. i finally got to go back to women's bible study at my awesome church. so with a toddler in hand we made our way to his classroom where he went in like a champ and i headed down the hall to bible study. and just like every other time i have been to the women's bible study God totally meets me right where i'm at. he uses whoever is speaking to speak directly to my heart. today a sweet friend of mine taught on "the wonder of our wounds". what a topic for this moment in my life when i feel so surrounded by brokenness. in the past week or so i have found myself questioning how their could be so much brokenness in anyone or how God could allow such wounds. why did he let it happen? and all the other whys. i want to get so defense. you see my family is struck by some wounds that are soul deep. the kind of wounds that strike us to our core and can alter who we are. the kind of wounds no one wants to share or talk about. the kind of wounds that would make you turn your head. but as my friend so eloquently put it this morning...the kind of wounds that God sees with awe and beauty.

God knows are pain and brokenness. it doesn't catch him by surprise or ruin his plans. one of my favorite verses these days is:

"But this happened so that the work God might be displayed in his life" John 9:3
God is using our very wounds to bring about his purpose for us. we live in a broken world and bad things happen. bad choices are made and we have to seek God for healing. i'm a firm believer that we serve a God who LOVES to heal! all throughout Christ's ministry he healed people. it was one of his favorite things to do. why should i not believe he can do the same for me and my family?
i love the phrase my friend shared this morning "your wounds attract God's glory"! God restores our soul. He can heal those deep dark wounds that have altered who we are. He can heal us and make us new.
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
Psalm 23

No comments: