Sunday, March 7, 2010

adoption shower

yesterday was a first for me. i experienced my first ever SHOWER thanks to some incredible and wonderful friends. for 3 hours i was able to fellowship with some amazing women who so often hold me up when i can barely stand. these women came from near and far to celebrate with me to bring home the fantastic 4. we drank cappuccino punk, ate incredibly delicious desserts, talked, prayed, and the thing that women do best TALK! we had some Q&A time where everyone was able to ask questions about our adoption. but my favorite part was spending time in prayer. one of my friends had written out 4 bible versus for each of my boys and we prayed those versus over them. it was so sweet and i knew God had laid those versus on her heart specifically for each of my boys. each of the versus were the exact truth that each boy will need spoken over them daily.

after we finished our time in prayer i was overwhelmed with how much God had blessed us and prepared us for this moment. i am more than thrilled to bring these boys home and be a part of their lives forever. but i am just as equally excited that the boys get to be a part of this amazing community that has prayed for them and loved them long before they ever knew their names or faces. what a blessing!

my friends created a blog for the shower if you want to take a look...http://baileyshower.blogspot.com/. Pictures will be posted soon. Ladies (you know who you are), you are amazing! I love you and I am blessed to be your friend. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for loving me the way you do!

No comments: