Tuesday, June 7, 2011

i am His delight

each day new challenges are always met with old habits. why do we do the same thing over and over again even if it didn't work the first, second, or third time we tried it? sometimes what we are doing isn't even "wrong" or "bad" it just isn't working. God is opening my eyes more and more to his design for my life. his greatest desire for me is not to be the perfect mother, perfect wife, greatest cook, financially savvy, or even to make everyone else happy. his desire for my life is to know him deeply and to worship him with all that he has created me to be. to worship him and adore him I need to know who he is. it's not just about reading his word and trying to figure out how it applies to my life. reading God's work gives me direct access to seeing into the heart of God.

fear can easily creep into my life as i ponder all that that life throws at me. in the middle of that fear i start to focus on what i am capable of and what i can handle in my own strength. i then put God in my little box thinking "how is he going to pull me through this?" fear is my challenge and my old habit is limiting God. God is perfect in power, all-knowing, the masterful creator, the alpha and omega, and most importantly he is love. my heart is filled in knowing who God is and that he still loves me. one of my favorite scriptures currently is:

"The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will TAKE GREAT DELIGHT IN YOU,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

how sweet it is to know that God delights in me. he woos me to him each day. even as i write this post all fear seems to fade as i rest in knowing that God delights in me. how cool is that? circumstances don't matter when my focus is on God. he's it! he's all that matters. everything else fails in comparison. i know if a few minutes satan will use fear to creep back into my life and i will have to choose to not fall into old habit. my prayer is that God will form a new habit in my life. i want praising God to be my habit.

No comments: