Friday, December 10, 2010

day 269 - running

running has become one of my new favorite things. i didn't think i would enjoy it or even be able to do it. but i downloaded the couch to 5k app on my itouch and amazingly enough i am really enjoying it. i try to run 3 times a week. i am liking running outside rather than the treadmill but sometimes the treadmill is the best thing since it is freezing outside. i love the fact that for 30 minutes it is just me and road. no one is hanging on me, asking me for things, i'm not breaking up fights, fixing food, or wiping snotty noses. at the beginning i thought i would spend my time thinking of all the things i should be doing or need to do when i get done. but i don't. i actually spend the time just pushing myself and being so proud of myself for actually accomplishing something. i know that during those 30 min i can accomplish every goal i set before my self. run for 3 min. walk up that hill as fast as possible. run again for 3 min. it's amazing. i feel great. i'm thankful that God laid this on my heart. brian and i are signing up for the half marathon that will be held the end of april. yay!

No comments: