Thursday, August 12, 2010

day 149 - first day of school

i've just dropped off my 6th grader, 5th grader, and 3rd grader at the first day of school. it was more exciting than anything else. everyone had their box of school supplies, backpacks, and lunchboxes. of course the 6th grader quickly sped off to his class so dad or i didn't have to walk him their. he was nervous about remembering his locker combination. our 5th grader didn't want anyone to embarrass him.

i walked our 3rd grader into his room. we chose a desk that was clustered with other friends. being the mom i made sure to get all his desk buddies names and introduced them to my kid. then i walked with Z to find a cubbie for his backpack and lunchbox. his classroom has an underwater theme that i thought was so creative. Z then gave me this look that said "mom, you're embarrassing me so can you please leave?" i took my cue and left. i met brian and little K and we walked proudly out of the school leaving our 3 older kids there to find their adventures for the day. it's our first day of school and i still have butterflies in my tummy.

No comments: