Monday, May 3, 2010

day 48 - bedtime routine with little k

one of my favorite parts of the day is putting little k down for bed. quick shower, some naked noony time, a good lathering of lotion, and a long round of "good nights". he then picks out his bible, crawls up in my lap, and settles in for some story time. we read at least one, sometimes two, stories every night. little k loves to look at the pictures and hear the stories about Jesus.
here is Psalms 23 out of the "Jesus Storybook Bible"
"God is my Shepherd
And I am his little lamb.
He feeds me
He guides me
He looks after me.
I have everything I need.
Inside my heart is very quiet.
As quiet as lying still in soft green grass
In a meadow
By a little steam.
Even when I walk through
the dark, scary, lonely places
I won't be afraid
Because my Shepherd knows where I am.
He is here with me
He keeps me safe
He rescues me
He makes me strong
And brave.
He is getting wonderful things ready for me
Especially for me
Everything I ever dreamed of!
He fills my heart so full of happiness
I can't hold it all inside.
Wherever I go I know
God's Never Stopping
Never Giving Up
Unbreaking
Always and Forever
Love
Will go, too!"

after our wonderful story time he always asks for a song. and although i can think of a thousand songs and usually sing several the one that i always end on and makes him drift off to sleep so peacefully is...

1 comment:

Amy @ Literacy Launchpad said...

I have read great things about this Bible. I actually have it on my Amazon wishlist. Hope to get one soon! Do you like it?