Wednesday, December 31, 2008

bringing him home THIS year

can you believe that 2008 is over and 2009 is here? as i think back to where life had us this time last year i am amazed at God's great faithfulness. i remember at the beginning of 2008 there were 3 things that i started praying for on a regular basis along with a few close friends: a place of our own, a great job for Brian, and a baby. well isn't it interesting how God rarely does anything the way we think but does it better. we have our "own" place that is working out really well for us. brian has a steady job as do i. and in 2009 we are going to bringing home a baby. WOW! we are so very blessed.

as you have noticed i have updated the blog and added a new playlist. i really love these 4 songs for different reasons. you will have to listen to the lyrics of each one. the steven curtis chapman song speaks for itself. we have always known that family doesn't come from blood or genes or whatever else the world tells us it is. family is people who love you unconditionally, walk alongside life with you, believe and support you in the good and bad, celebrate the good times and cry with you in the sad times. family is love and we pray that we can demonstrate that to our own children as well as the people around us. the rascal flats song has been a favorite of mine for a while. if you watch the youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQyQst3iBB4 you will understand. the dixie chicks song is a perfect lullaby for our sweet baby boy. and finally, "somewhere out there" is a classic. our baby is out there and God is holding him so tight and saving him for us.

one of my favorite things about this adoption process is sitting back and thanking God for adopting me into his family. was he this anxious for me? did he practice saying my name out loud? did he have my room ready way before i came along? did he say "this is the year she will be mine?" did he share the news with everyone he knew? did he celebrate my life? and you know what? HE DID!!!!

2 comments:

Heather Franklin said...

I don't know you, and you don't know me, but I just happened across your blog after googling the lyrics from a song I recently heard on the radio that said "my last Christmas without you".
I am also a believer, and I was so touched by your journey to adopt a child and your trust that the Lord will provide all you need along the way.
My husband and I have a 20 month old son, but from before he was conceived I have felt that God has fostering/adoption in our future. I saw Steven Curtis Chapman perform a Christmas concert three years ago and when he sang "All I Want for Christmas" it brought tears to my eyes - and it still does almost every time I hear it! I'm assuming you know that song. If you don't you should definitely download it!
I can tell that you are going to be a wonderful mother and, if you don't mind, I'm going to keep following your blog so I can read about your progress.
Wishing you the fullness of God's blessing and grace in 2009!

Amy said...

I love your current blog background, love the song, and LOVE seeing that little red thermometer go up!!!

I can't wait to hold baby Bailey in my arms. :) He will will be one very loved, very blessed little baby boy.

And for now- keep reading Babywise!!